Fiona Ma is running to be California’s next State Treasurer, a position which she is expected to win.
Background and Achievements
Before assuming her current role on the Board of Equalization, Ma served for six years in the California State Assembly, where she was Speaker pro Tempore and Chair of the Assembly Select Committee on Domestic Violence. If elected, Ma will invest California’s money in a socially responsible manner aimed at closing the increasingly devastating wealth gap. She is committed to securing full financing for public schools, water quality initiatives and affordable housing.
Positions on Key Issues
- Strong advocate for women’s health care, including reproductive rights
- Supporter of victims of domestic abuse
- Ensuring accessible and quality health care
- Protecting and expanding children's healthcare
- Growing California's economy
Prospects & Opponents
Ma is running against Republican Greg Conlon but will easily win the general election.
- Feminist Majority
- California Senator Kamala Harris
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein
- California State Council of Laborers
- EMILY's List